Gravity Zone wants to ensure that all our patrons, staff and partners health and safety is our number one priority.
With the risk of an outbreak of COVID-19 Gravity Zone has taken the following steps to help manage the risk within Gravity Zone;
- We have introduced a capacity counter that includes all participants, staff and spectators which enables us to restrict the number of patrons in our venue to a maximum of 100 at all times.
- Multiple sanitising stations have been installed on the premises including party rooms, and toilets and the mezzanine level.
- We have soap dispensers and air driers to dry hands after washing.
- We highly recommend that all patrons wash their hands after using toilets and before eating food on the premises.
- All our staff who handle food have a VIC Government accredited safe food handlers’ certificate and been reminded of the importance of safe food handling practices.
- Our café has just undergone a complete renovation with the highest of hygiene standards and equipment utilised.
- Our party Kitchen is about to start a full renovation to ensure that our food preparation and hygiene is at the highest standards.
- We use both internal staff and external contract cleaners on a regular basis to ensure that the centre is thoroughly cleaned for our visitors and staff’s protection.
- If you are unwell or have flu like symptoms or had direct contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not visit the centre.
- Please understand that patrons and staff who exhibit flu like symptoms (sniffles, coughing or sneezing) will be asked to go home as a precaution to minimise the risk of infection.
Thank you all for your support and understanding. It is business as usual at Gravity Zone, with extra focus on sanitisation for the protection of all our patrons and staff.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY GYMNASTICS AUSTRALIA
- For current, updated information please see https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov for information about prevention, treatment, and current government measures to address the situation.
- A key preventative measure is to maintain good personal hygiene habits such as hand-washing and covering coughs or sneezes; further guidance is available at the .gov.au links above or via the World Health Organization at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.
- Patrons, staff and family members are encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water and use hand sanitiser which will be made available where possible. Close contact with others is to be kept to the minimum required for safety. If a student or coach is feeling unwell or presenting symptoms or illness, they are not able to attend training.
- In line with the Australian Government health advice, anyone who fits one of these categories should not attend training sessions.
- If you have left, or transited through mainland China or Iran in the last 14 days (inform GV and your club, and you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving mainland China/Iran);
- If you have left, or transited through the Republic of Korea on or after 5 March 2020 (inform GV and your club, and you must isolate yourself for 14 days after the date of leaving the Republic of Korea);
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of coronavirus (inform GV and your club, and you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case).
CANCELLATION/REFUNDS AT GRAVITY ZONE
It is business as usual at Gravity Zone. We have no intention of closing, postponing or cancelling any current or coming bookings for parties, events, clubs, corporates or any other function.
We will follow the advice and mandates given to us by the Victorian government or relevant government organisation in regards to centre closures or reduction of trading days/hours as information is provided to us. Unless any mandate is given, it is business as usual now and during the up and coming school holidays and weekends until further notice.
The Gravity Zone Cancellation Policy stands. Should Gravity Zone be forced to close or cancel an event, party, function or booking, then a credit will be offered and if this does not suit, a refund will be given on written request.
If you decide to cancel your booking, no refund will be given as per Gravity Zones terms and conditions.
At Gravity Zone we have reiterated the importance of personal hygiene and food safety hygiene to all our staff to minimise the risk of contamination. We have added additional sanitisation stations in the party rooms to assist in hygiene for our guests and staff at the centre. We have internal and external cleaners clean the centre on a regular basis. To minimise risk of infection we ask that all guests and staff who have flu like symptoms do not visit the centre. People with flu like symptoms will not be allowed entrance into the centre until further notice.
The situation appears to be changing daily and Gravity Zone will give as much notice to all our customers as soon as practical about any forced closures or booking cancellations.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.